Monday, September 29, 2008

Stop smoking in days! The little pills that could

"I think I can, I think I can. I know I can, I know I can."
I failed again.
But no more.

No longer will you have to recant the mantra from the little train that could. You can stop smoking, eliminate your cravings and lose the rebound effects commonly associated with smoking cessation, like weight gain and substitute vices.
How? The smoking cessation pill, Chantix.
I was speaking with one of the correctional officers who took the challenge as part of his new year’s resolution. What he had to report was amazing.
First, he stated that he had no cravings or desires to smoke by day 3. Secondly, he did not notice any new behaviors to replace his prior smoking habit. He had to think about what he would do to replace it, not that he’s doing anything now.
He states that the smell of cigarette smoke is revolting to him and he doesn’t think about smoking anymore.
Impressive!
With the price of brand name cigarettes in Michigan pushing 6 bucks a pack, Chantix could not have come on the scene at a better time. If you only smoked 1 pack per day, you would pay less than that for a month’s supply of Chantix. And what I am hearing from the field is that most stop smoking during that first 30 day supply.
Not so with Zyban. Most REDUCE their use of cigarettes and continue to smoke. I rarely have had a case of someone on Zyban that quit within 90 days, let alone 30 days.

No comments: