Monday, October 13, 2008

Smoking in public


Ok I don’t care if you smoke or not. You can kill yourself with your own hands for all that matters I DON’T care BUT please when you are in public, just don’t do it!

I was in a cafe yesterday, and I felt suffocated in there, everyone was smoking. I don’t get why people come to eat AND smoke. Isn’t a restaurant a place to eat? I noticed that here, more women than men smoke. Most of them wear trendy cloths and are stick thin. I don’t know what’s up with that but anyways, don’t they think of how much they annoy and harm non-smokers, kids, older people, sick people and pregnant ladies?
… Do You Know What Can Happen to other people while inhaling that filth?
1. When people smoke, those around them are affected both by smoke from a burning cigarette and by second-hand or passive smoke- this is the smoke that the smoker blows back out after inhaling.

2. Passive smoke is worse than the smoke that a smoker inhales from a cigarette- passive smoke is much more concentrated.
What happens to children when they are around passive smoke:
✦ More respiratory illnesses, including asthma
✦ Growth may be slowed
✦ Increased chance of having chronic lung disease as an adult
I hope this country, the one I come from and the one I am currently living in, considers banning smoking in public places.

1 comment:

Jimy said...

True that. Smoking is a personal choice but people must have a decency not to smoke while in public. Passive smoking is found to be harmful. Smoking kills!