Tuesday, August 5, 2008

culTURAL intelligent and ME.....


Cultural intelligence refer to the traits and skills of people who adjust quickly, when they interact extensively in cultures other than the ones where they were socialized.There is three source of cultural intelligent, knowledge, mindfulness and behaviour skill. Cultural intelligent is really important. As a human, we need to develop our cultural intelligent.

For me, the thing that is important in developing cultural intelligence is to create a sense of awareness and acceptance. Awareness allows us to become mindful of the habits and practices of people from other cultures. Acceptance of their ways of doing things will show our sense of compassion as to who they are and how we perceive them as. I always remember to my attitude towards a person of a different culture because it also reflects upon me as to how that person perceives me as. i always note to my ability to accept other people's culture.

Although there are some cultures that may be very diverse and totally different from our own, bear in mind that as humans we do share some basic features and we all belong to one big family. Thus as we get deeper into another person's culture we might find some cultural practices that might be similar to ours. i always finding such common ground helps me to have a better understanding of the other person as well as to break down barriers in communication. I can learn to find common ground by trying to get people from other cultures to converse with me and getting to know them better.

As a conclusion, cultural intelligence is all about our attitude to positively with others from different culture. The more i learn to integrate and maintain my sense of my own culture and other culture the more effective an individual i become.

post by Nazirah

No comments: